If you have questions or would like to receive information about future auditions, please provide us with your email address at email@example.com.
Director of Development
San Diego Repertory Theatre Internships offer professional experience opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students throughout the calendar and academic year. Internships are designed to provide students professional development opportunities working within our artistic and production areas. Interns will work with a SD Rep staff member and receive mentorship in their respective discipline.
Internships may fulfill academic requirements, which would be determined by the respective applicant’s academic institution if applicable. Internships are unpaid learning opportunities.
Prior theatre experience, while helpful, is not required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your specific interests and qualifications, a resume and one letter of recommendation and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Diego Rep is currently seeking the following internship position(s):
- Literary Management
- Latinx New Play Festival
Potential interns should have a strong interest in exploring the day-to-day operations of an artistic department. The successful candidate must have excellent computer, writing and organizational skills, and should have an interest in casting, new play/musical development and artistic administration.
Responsibilities vary by department and may include a variety of administrative tasks and occasional errands. Specific duties may include:
- Casting: general correspondence for casting opportunities, attending casting sessions, ongoing organization of casting database
- Literary Management: reading and evaluation of new scripts, updating and maintaining the script library
- Dramaturgy: drafting aspected and articles for a production’s curious report, attending rehearsals, dramaturgical research
- Producing: attending reading auditions, correspondence with reading artists, reading and evaluating scripts for readings
- Latinx New Play Festival: recruiting and coordinating with festival sponsors, attending rehearsals, managing festival volunteers, creating festival lobby designs, social media marketing
Deadlines are on a rolling basis, applications are generally accepted year- with the specific exceptions of:
Literary Interns are accepted in September annually
Email email@example.com for more information.
Important. Please read:
San Diego REPertory Theatre is happy to accept scripts from agents and theater professionals with whom we have an existing relationship. In general, we no longer accept unsolicited scripts from unrepresented writers. However, we continue to offer an open submission policy for plays and musicals from Latino(a) writers across the country because we are committed to supporting today’s Latino(a) voices. In addition, local writers residing in the Southern California area may submit a query letter about their new work that includes a current email contact and:
- A brief biography of your writing history, noting awards and production history
- A paragraph about why your play is a good match for the San Diego REP
- A one-page synopsis of the play including number of cast, genre & run-time
For musicals, please also include a CD with sample songs from the score
Our six-show season can include full-length plays, musicals with a small cast and band, solo pieces, and adaptations performed on one of two stages (250-500 seats) for about 4 weeks. Past programming has highlighted voices of the Latino, African-Americans, and Jewish communities. Before submitting, please make sure that your script is aligned with our mission. It is also advised that you attend some of our productions to become more familiar with our sensibility.
If we are interested, we will contact you to request a copy of the full script within a few months.
San Diego REPertory Theatre
79 Horton Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
- Shows: 2019-2020
- In the Room Where It Happens
- Knockin' On Dylan's Door
- In Every Generation
- 10th Annual Women of Valor
- Perla Batalla Sings the Songs of Leonard Cohen
- Klezmer Summit: Blueish: Jews and the Blues
- 33 1/3 - House of Dreams
- Bad Hombres/Good Wives
- Hold These Truths
- The Humans
- House of Joy
- Hershey Felder A PARIS LOVE STORY
- Special Events
- Lyceum Events
- Buy Tickets