The Dybbuk for Hannah and Sam's Wedding
Written and directed byTodd Salovey
Based on the play byS. Ansky
Original Music Written & Performed byYale Strom
Showing:November 23 - December 18, 2016
About the Show
Hannah and Sam are getting married and you are invited! As Klezmer legend Yale Strom and friends play live original music, Uncle Jerry stands to offer a very special toast for the bride and groom. Moved by the spirit of the moment, and the spirits he has consumed, Jerry’s toast is a tour de force one man performance of the most celebrated play in Yiddish literature, S. Ansky’s The Dybbuk.
Nationally renowned master actor and clown Ron Campbell (R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE) plays all 21 characters in this “Dybbuk.” The mystical story centers on a broken vow that results in a wandering spirit taking possession of a bride on her wedding day. Boundaries between the natural and supernatural worlds dissolve in this tale of powerful young love and spiritual possession.
You will find yourself in the spell of a Yiddish classic that is a humorous and horrific folk tale of wondrous meaning.
The REP's Associate Artistic Director and the Artistic Director of the Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival.
- Shows: 2018-2019
- Nathan Gunn FLYING SOLO
- The 25th Annual Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival Gala
- Elon Gold: Pro-Semite, An Evening of Comedy with Elon Gold
- The 17th Annual Klezmer Summit
- The Ancient Law (Das alte Gesetz) With Live Score performed by Donald Sosin and Alicia Svigals
- 9th Annual Women of Valor
- Teatro Punto y Coma present The Mudanza, An Unapologetic Bilingual Play
- In Every Generation
- From Rags to Riches! A Musical Journey with Jacquelyne Silver
- Perla Batalla in The House of Cohen
- Losing the Nobel Prize
- Andy Statman: An American Musical Treasure
- Fun Home
- A Dolls House, Part 2
- Hershey Felder, Beethoven
- Special Events
- Lyceum Events
- Buy Tickets