A one-man tour-de-force that showcases the life, work and writings of one of the most remarkable minds of the 20th century.
R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE
Written and directed byD. W. Jacobs
FromThe life, work and writings of R. Buckminster Fuller
Performed byRon Campbell
Showing:March 10 - April 10, 2016
About the Show
HELD OVER BY POPULAR DEMAND THROUGH APRIL 10
This extraordinary theatrical event invites you to recognize your place as a crew member on “Spaceship Earth” as it speeds through the Universe. Your “captain” is Buckminster Fuller ( Bucky ), one of the most remarkable thinkers in American history. The journey will surprise and astonish, bring laughter and tears of insight and may just cause you to never think the same way again!
Bucky was called “the Leonardo da Vinci of Our Time” and “PR Man to the Universe!” Fuller was an engineer, architect, poet, mathematician, philosopher, futurist, inventor and one of the first truly global thinkers.
“Bucky" was a giant hit when it premiered at the REP in 2000. The return of one of the most acclaimed productions in REP history stars the brilliant Ron Campbell, a lead clown for Cirque du Soleil AND a leading classical actor on the national stage.
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY
Borrego Garden Water Club
Drs. Erica Pascal and Michael Hostetler
Joyce Nichols and Marshall Hurst
Lou and Brenda Alpinieri
The Patricia and Christopher Weil Family Foundation
Playwright and Director:
Co-Founder of San Diego Rep and author The REP’s adaptations of A Christmas Carol, which ran for 30 years.
R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE was developed and received its world premiere production at San Diego Repertory Theatre—March 31, 2000
- Shows: 2018-2019
- Nathan Gunn FLYING SOLO
- The 25th Annual Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival Gala
- Elon Gold: Pro-Semite, An Evening of Comedy with Elon Gold
- The 17th Annual Klezmer Summit
- The Ancient Law (Das alte Gesetz) With Live Score performed by Donald Sosin and Alicia Svigals
- 9th Annual Women of Valor
- Teatro Punto y Coma present The Mudanza, An Unapologetic Bilingual Play
- In Every Generation
- From Rags to Riches! A Musical Journey with Jacquelyne Silver
- Perla Batalla in The House of Cohen
- Losing the Nobel Prize
- Andy Statman: An American Musical Treasure
- Fun Home
- A Dolls House, Part 2
- Hershey Felder, Beethoven
- Special Events
- Lyceum Events
- Buy Tickets