By Luis Valdez
Directed by Kirsten Brandt
Choreography by Javier Velasco
Musical Direction by Bill Doyle
Showing:July 14 - August 12, 2012
About the Show
San Diego REP is proud to open its 37th season with a brand new production of the most significant work of Latino drama in American theatre. Zoot Suit will be produced through the same partnership between San Diego REP and San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts that made “Hairspray” (2010) and The Who’s TOMMY (2011) mega-hits on the Lyceum Stage.
Playwright Luis Valdez is America’s greatest Latino playwright. Zoot Suit is his masterpiece – a muscular mix of historical fact and agitprop fiction. A live orchestra will be cookin’ center stage playing a banquet of smoking hot Latin songs with dances staged by award-winning choreographer Javier Velasco. Filled with swagger and swing, Zoot Suit is a not-to-be missed American classic.
July 14-August 12, 2012, The Lyceum Stage
Opening Night: Friday, July 20
- Shows: 2015-2016
- Everybody's Talkin': The Music of Harry Nilsson
- Amigos del REP Presents 'Women of Juarez'
- San Diego Repertory Theatre Presents: The 22nd Annual Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival
- A Wandering Feast
- 14th Annual Klezmer Summit - L'Dor V'Dor (From Generation to Generation)
- Women Of Valor
- Mona Golabek in "The Pianist Of Willesden Lane"
- Special Events
- Lyceum Events
- Buy Tickets