San Diego REP, along with corporate partner Qualcomm, is proud to launch new Education Programming for our new season. Due to the ever expanding gap in Arts Education provided to young people, the REP is resolved to make a deeper impact in the learning lives of San Diego youth. After discussions with youth and educators we envision an arts education program that:
- Supports all young people in finding personal meaning, growth, and education through the theatre.
- Links the action on stage to learning in the classroom through standards driven curriculum that any teacher in any subject can use to enthuse their students about learning.
- Draws students in as audience members, and engages them as volunteers, interns, and ultimately life long theatre supporters and/or professionals.
- Provide a minimum of 60 educators with curriculum, in-class presentations, and engaging learning tools.
- Engage college and high school students in paid internship experiences.
Since 2010 The REP has collaborated with The San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts in a program called the “Xchange Xperience.”Those SCPA students selected rehearse and perform on the REP’s stage in a fully professional musical, working every step of the way with professional performers, designers and crew.